The pasta is so popular that in Italy there are towns that have festivals honoring it. For example, a festival called the Sagra delle Pappardelle al cinghiale (Pappardelle with wild boar festival) in the city of Gemmano in the Emilia-Romagna Region is held every August.
The following recipe is perfect for pasta lovers, who will be enjoying a delicious and nutritious dish; a perfect option for vegetarians!
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 140 g sliced mushrooms
- 15 g minced garlic
- 235 ml dry white wine
- 141.7 g green olives
- 135 g sliced Eggplant
- 20 g Sun dried tomates
- 100 g Zucchini
- 455 g dried pappardelle pasta
- 5 g Chopped parsley
1) Heat olive oil in a large pan or wok over high heat.
2) Mix mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant and garlic.
3) Cook until the vegetables are partially cooked and pour some wine. Then add the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and chopped parsley. Meanwhile, boil 4 liters of lightly salted water in a large pot.
4) Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 8 to 10 minutes; drain and mix with the sauce to serve.