Cusco Travel Tips
Are you planning to visit Cusco soon? Do you know what to pack? Is acclimatization one of your main concerns?
- What to pack? This is a major issue. Cusco has different types of weather during the same day. Pack comfortable clothes including a jacket or coat for cold nights. Don´t forget your camera, binoculars, sun block & mosquito repellant.
- How do I prevent altitude sickness? People visiting Cusco should acclimatize before performing physical activity in Cusco because of high altitude. People need to adjust to the decreased availability of oxygen at high altitudes. Considering varying altitudes of destinations in Peru, travelers must try to go first to the lower ones before ascending to higher altitude cities. It is a slow process that could take over a couple of days. Another alternative is to breathe an extra percentage of oxygen. Aranwa Cusco Boutique Hotel offers rooms with oxygen enrichment systems which helps prevent symptoms of this syndrome, which affect travelers from all over the world.
- Are there any healthy habits you recommend? Sure. Before going to Cusco don’t eat too much. Avoid fatty food, opting for anything easy to digest instead. Also, drink a lot of water. Staying hydrated is very important to avoid altitude sickness.
- What currency should I use to pay the hotel or transportation? The official currency is Nuevo Sol (PEN) divided into 100 centimos (cents). Visa is the most widely accepted credit card, but all major international credit cards, including Diners Club, American Express and MasterCard, are accepted in many, but not all, establishments. US Dollars are the easiest currency to exchange, and many restaurants, hotels and shops in the main cities accept dollars for payment.
- How do I make calls? Within Peru, when making international calls, dial 00 + country code + city code + telephone number. For inter-city calls: 0 + city code + telephone number. Public telephones accept coins and cards, which can be bought in kiosks and supermarkets.
The Staff team in Aranwa Cusco Boutique Hotel has in-depth local knowledge and expertise to personally assist you throughout your visit, rising to every challenge and exceeding expectations.