Andean trout and avocado roll on oriental infusion
Benefits of Andean Trout
Trout is a family of fresh water fish related to salmon. Also known in Latin America as “The Salmon of The Andes” or “Trucha” for its velvety texture, exquisite taste, and exceptional nutritional values.
Trout is a bony fish with a mild flavor and a firm texture. The most common ways to prepare trout are pan frying, broiling, smoking, and grilling, but trout can be prepared by a variety of methods.
Some amazing health benefits of eating trout:
- Rainbow trout contains less saturated fat than any other fish.
- Its lean meat is highly recommended for weight watchers.
- It is low in fat, high in protein and contains Omega-3 oils which fight cholesterol.
- It contains Selenic Acid, a powerful cellular antioxidant.
- It reduces inflammation and soothes skin irritation therefore delaying aging and helping skin regeneration affected by sun rays.
- It contains the essential Polyunsaturated Fats such as Linoleic Acid or Omega 6, which is great for the hair, skin and nails which suffer the most when being exposed to the sun.
- Many studies have suggested that a diet rich in fish is good for the heart. Now there is new evidence that such a diet may ward off mental problems as well.
80 gr pink trout
20 g avocado
10 g cucumber
2 ml sesame oil
salt and pepper, to taste
10 ml soy sauce
5 gr ginger
8 gr white sugar
10 ml rice vinegar
10 gr Chinese onion (white part)
25 g avocado
10 ml cream
5 ml lemon
Salt and pepper , to taste
For the Teriyaki sauce: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Stir the mixture well. Put it on medium heat and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for a couple minutes. Stop the heat and cool the mixture. Store the sauce in the refrigerator.
For the avocado puree: Blend all ingredients and reserve.
For Andean trout envoltini or roll: cut the trout into thin slices, then add the cucumber and place in the midst of these thin slices and roll.
To assemble the dish place a little of the puree on the plate, then two rolls, then add a bit of teriyaki sauce, some sesame oil and sesame seeds to finish the decoration.
Our Chefs at Aranwa Cusco Boutique Hotel have created this easy and delicious recipe for us. Enjoy this delicious tapa in Khasikay Bar at Aranwa Cusco Boutique Hotel.